At Hampton College Primary we have translated the Hampton College Vision and Values into five aspirations which are collectively known as our PROUD approach. These five aspirations are embedded within school and set the ethos for our primary phase for children, staff, parents and visitors alike. We are PROUD of Hampton College and we are PROUD of our aspirations.
Each of our five PROUD aspirations is further embedded in school through our weekly PROUD themes. Each weekly theme is displayed around school, shared in an assembly and discussed in class during that week.
The weekly PROUD themes for 2015/16 are:
Play and learn together calmly
- How can we take turns?
- Who can help us?
- How can we resolve conflict?
- What can help me to listen?
- Who wants to be on my team?
- What is respect?
- How can we be kind to each other?
- Who remembers “please” and “thank you”?
- What makes us all unique?
- How can I show I’m polite?
Own our school
- How can we look after our school?
- How do we move around school?
- Who is a good role model?
- How can we show pride in our school?
- Who is part of our community?
- Why do we have boundaries?
- Who can help me to stay calm?
- How can I care for other people’s feelings?
- Why do we tell the truth?
- How do I say “No”?
Do our best… always
- Who can help me to do my best?
- How can I be proud of my friends?
- How do we work as a team?
- How do I celebrate my achievements?
- How do we persevere?